POSTAL: POST OFFICE BOX 76. KPANDO, V/R, GHANA
PHONE: 0501335205, 0501335206, 0501335202
The foundation stone of Kpando Technical Institute was laid by the first President of Republic of Ghana, Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkromah on 23rd April 1955. The Institute was officially opened for teaching and learning on 22nd Mach 1956 with 70 male students and 8 teachers. The Institute began with 4 (four)programmes.
Kpando Technical Institute's vision is to be a leading skills training institution in Ghana for meeting the demand of skilled works in both formal and informal sector. The core value includes shaping and sharpening the hand, the heart and the head of trainees.
Kpando Technical Institute provides high quality technical and vocational education and training for Junior High School graduates and apprentices by exposing them to the world of technology. The training equips trainees with the ability to combine common sense with new techniques of doing things in the right ways. Trainees are guided professionally to acquire relevant practical skills, form good moral habits and develop critical thinking abilities; for providing quality services and building the present and the future structures for the nation.
- Train skilled workforce to meet the low and middle manpower of Ghana.
- Identify skills gaps in the informal sector and run short courses for master craftsmen and their apprentices
- Provide demand driven training for engineering and building industry and commerce.
Skill with Precision!
- Motor vehicle engineering(auto)
- Welding & fabrication
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Agricultural mechanization
- Building & construction technology
- Furniture design & construction
- Wood construction technology(carpentry)
- Plumbing and gas fitting
- Creative art technology (painting)
- Business accounting
- Business secretarial
- Fashion and Designing
Number of permanent teaching staff: 86
Number of ad hoc staff/National Service: 10
Number of Non-teaching staff: 68
Number of female students: 145
Number of male students: 1178
Total student enrollment: 1323