Ghana National Tailors and Dressmakers Association (GNTDA)
Formed and registered in October 1979, GNTDA is set up in all official 10 regions in Ghana, plus Tema as a separate region. In total GNTDA has over 400 zonal branches all over Ghana and more than 40.000 members.
The association provides practical training to over 600.000 apprentices per year, of which 6.000 apprentices participate in proficiency tests at intermediate level every year.
Mission and Vision
Providing a central organization for tailors nationwide through clearly defined objectives; Harnessing essential skills and resources for an effective impact as a major trainer; Evolving a national fashion identity and making Ghanaians appreciative of their culture manifested in their clothing.
Aims and Objectives
- Bring tailors nationwide under one umbrella.
- Help standardization of the profession in line with the international standards regarding looks and quality.
- See the welfare of members, protect their interest and give them moral support.
- Train and motivate members to proactively meet and exceed consumer demands and expectation.
- Help members to realize their full potential in the art and science of perfect sewing and make the public aware of this noble profession.
- The Association has gained recognition as an important partner in the country’s developmental agenda for the informal sector with both local and international development providers.
- Through the effort of the association, members gained the opportunity of free training and equipment.
- The Association trains street-girls.
- The Association cooperates with GTP/ATL, CIBA, IRS, NVTI, Ministry of Education/NBSSI, ASSI, GSMF, Ghana Aids Commission, Municipal/District Assemblies, COTVET, LESDEP, FEPTAG and GSDI/GIZ.
Ghana National Tailors and Dressmakers Association
P. O. Box GP 4759
Accra – Ghana
+233 (0)20 8177929
+233 (0)20 6905116
Fax: +233 (0)30 2232282